Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

new year, new year

2007. 2006. I have mixed feelings about 2006. Easily one of my hardest years yet, but also a good one for learning a lot about me and who I am, and who I want to be. It's funny, because at the beginning of a new year, I usually look back and think about how happy I am that it is over and how I can start all over again. Now when I look back over 2006, I don't think that I would want to erase it and start all over again. Yes, there are things that I would want to change, but those events are what are going to shape me into who I am. There were times this past year that I just didn't think that I was going to make it, and even now if I think about it too much, I get that little panicked feeling that things may not work out. But I don't feel that way right now. Right now I am looking forward to 2007. I am not totally naive though. There are things that I am looking forward to that aren't going to happen, and when they go to shit, at least I will be able to tell myself I told you so. I would like to think that I am not the same person that I was 5 years ago, or even 1 year ago. While I still have a long ways to go, I am not the girl who hates herself more than anything. There are still times when I let the doubt in, and wonder why I am not as good as everyone else, why my friends and family will shake their heads at me and say "what is wrong with that girl?", but then I just stop and remind myself that it's me. And it's really not all that bad. Here's to 2007 and whatever it brings...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home