Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

the f word.

Have you ever had someone is in your subconscious so much that you start to see them, or at least people that resemble them everywhere? I happened to see him sitting alone on a bench in the airport, clutching a carry-on bag, looking lost. I had just got off the plane, I was tired and very cranky, and as I walked past this man, all I could think about was how much he looked like him. I looked over again as I passed, and then I realized that it really was him, here at the airport, 4 hours from home, at the very same time I was there. It was almost surreal to catch him in that moment. He looked up and saw me, and I swear I could see every thing that I just thought run through his mind. That moment of recognition, probably coupled with the sheer surprise of him easily being the LAST person on earth I expected to see at the airport, made me forget how angry I am with him. It was also his tangible vulnerability that drew me to him...that one characteristic that I always knew he had, but tries so hard to hide. Thankfully (I can't believe I am saying this) he was just going to France for work, and it wasn't THE flight out of here...I am never going to learn am I?

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    do tell....
    KA said...
    Rhonie?

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home